"We hope that DNC will rethink its decision to carry Chris Wallace, Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum, who all represent the ultimate journalistic integrity and professionalism, from moderating a democratic presidential dialogue. They are the best debates in the company, and they offer graduates an important opportunity to turn their case to the largest television news in America, which includes many persuasive voters, says Fox News, director Bill Sammon in a statement.
Earlier in the day, DNC announced to President Tom Perez that the party would not allow Fox News to host primary debates, claiming that they would not be "fair and neutral" for the candidates.
"I think an important road to victory is to continue expanding our voters and reaching all voters," Perez said in a statement to Washington Post who cited a critical article in New Yorker. "Therefore, I have made it a priority to talk to a wide range of potential media partners, including Fox News. The latest reporting in New Yorker about the inappropriate relationship between President Trump, his administration and Fox News has led me to conclude that the network is unable to host a fair and neutral debate for our candidates, so Fox News will not serve as a media partner for the 2020 democratic primary debates. "
While some Fox News Channel opinion hosts have been tied to the Trump administration, Wallace, Baier and MacCallum are anchors of the news department who have been praised for their handling of previous debates. In 2016, Wallace moderated a presidential discussion between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.
Responding to DNC's Decision Baier tweeted Wednesday, "It's really a shame. When it comes to justice – speaks our news product for itself. We'll continue to cover this 2020 race pretty much and will continue to invite Democrats-Republicans and Independent to talk about key issues and substance with our very large audience. "
DNC announced this last month NBC News will host the first Democratic primary debate on the constituency 2020 in June. Back in 2016, the Republican National Committee famously pulled out of a planned NBC News Republican primary debate after a similar event on CNBC was criticized for allegedly unreasonable issues.